In view of the latest Government guidelines the Scout Association has instructed all Scout Groups in the UK to suspend meetings for the duration of the current emergency. As a Group we had decided that we would cancel meetings and assess the situation after the Easter Holidays but now we will be ‘led’ by Scout Headquarters. We have also been informed that Foundry House is now closed as are most Halls and other meeting places. For Scout parents whose children were taking part in the canoe sessions on a Tuesday – these have also been cancelled – and of course the proposed Easter Bingo will not go ahead. We will keep you updated with any relevant information and when we get the go ahead to re-open etc. The proposed Scout and Group camps will not now go ahead – but hopefully we can organise a ‘celebration’ activity when we receive the Go Ahead to reopen. On behalf of all the Leaders of 4th Pembroke Lamphey Scout Group we wish you well and hope you keep healthy and look forward to starting afresh when this period is over. If you have any questions please contact me and I will do my best to help.
Akela (Pat Parkhurst)