In view of the latest Government guidelines the Scout Association has instructed all Scout Groups in the UK to suspend meetings for the duration of the current emergency. As a Group we had decided that we would cancel meetings and assess the situation after the Easter Holidays but now we will be ‘led’ by Scout Headquarters. We have also been informed that Foundry House is now closed as are most Halls and other meeting places. For Scout parents whose children were taking part in the canoe sessions on a Tuesday – these have also been cancelled – and of course the proposed Easter Bingo will not go ahead. We will keep you updated with any relevant information and when we get the go ahead to re-open etc. The proposed Scout and Group camps will not now go ahead – but hopefully we can organise a ‘celebration’ activity when we receive the Go Ahead to reopen. On behalf of all the Leaders of 4th Pembroke Lamphey Scout Group we wish you well and hope you keep healthy and look forward to starting afresh when this period is over. If you have any questions please contact me and I will do my best to help.
Happy New Year! Just a reminder that all sections will start back at the usual times on Wednesday 15th January 2020 at the new venue – Foundry House in Pembroke. Direct Debit payments will be initiated on that date. If your Beaver, Cub or Scout will not be returning please let one of the leaders know so we can cancel any Direct Debits beforehand. For any problems with accessing My.Scout, or with online payments, please contact Iain via email – email@example.com
We have arranged for a Fun Swimming Day at Pembroke Leisure Centre on Saturday 17th March 2pm-4:15pm. Sorry for the short notice ! Parent Helpers needed. Please ensure you’ve submitted a signed permission form before leaving your child on Saturday.
Happy New Year Everyone! Just a quick note to remind you that the first meeting of 2018 for ALL sections will be Wednesday 17th Jan (the leaders will be holding a planning meeting on the 10th). Subs of £25 will be due on the 17th, and all those with direct debits set up will have the debit initiated on the 17th.
I hope you all had a good summer and are looking forward to the kids getting back to school (and Scouts) this week. Pat (Akela) asked me to send you a few bits of information before we start :-
A huge belated ‘Thank You’ to all leaders, parents, family, Beavers, Cubs and Scouts who helped with the Show in August. All expenses etc are in and we made a total profit on the day of £1,518.62 which, in view of the weather and change of site, I think this is a fantastic amount and would like to sincerely thank everyone who supported the Group on the day by making sandwiches, providing cakes and helping with tents. This will be put to good use in the coming months.
Unfortunately we have to postpone the proposed Group Camp at Lamphey Palace on weekend of 15 – 17th September. Although we contacted CADW in May and on many occasions during the following months I received a reply towards the end of August requesting a further Application Form be completed – this was returned immediately and then last week I was told I needed to complete Risk Assessments, planned programme information etc – all this had to be submitted then discussed and if agreed only then would we know if we could go ahead. It also appears CADW are reconsidering letting certain sites, including Lamphey Palace, out for private events. The Leaders will be holding a Planning Meeting and a date with be set for Spring 2018 as we are keen to hold a Group Camp.
Our first meeting will be on Wednesday 6th September at the Village Hall – normal times. We have waiting lists for all sections so if your child is not coming back please let us know asap so we can offer their place to someone else.
We will let parents have dates and programme details following our Leaders / Exec Meeting to be held shortly. Cubs: There is a Sixers & Seconders Day at Pembroke Youth Club on Saturday 8th October – further details shortly.
Please also take a few minutes to log in to My.Scout and check all contact details are up to date. If you have any problems with logging in to My.Scout, or any issues with setting up direct debits or paying online please let me know.
We are holding our Cub Meeting on Freshwater East Beach tomorrow. We will meet in the Car Park at 6pm and make our way onto the beach for 6.15 start (normal time). We will be fire lighting and cooking marshmallows, Cubs must wear neckerchiefs, with weather appropriate clothing. It is forecast to be a sunny day tomorrow so fingers crossed we have made the right decision. The Cubs WILL NOT be allowed in the sea. Parents will be welcome to stay if they wish – otherwise we will finish around 7.30 (normal time).