The Group has been successful in being selected as one of the local community groups to be supported through the Coop Community Fund for the next year from today.
What does this mean ?
Anyone shopping at the Coop in Pembroke Main St can choose to support the Group by logging in to the website, signing up as a member (if not already a member), and selecting 4th Pembroke (Lamphey) Scout Group as the community project they want to support. This means that every time they shop and use their loyalty card, 1% of their spend on Coop branded goods is donated by the Coop to the Group.
What should we do ?
- If you don’t have a Coop loyalty card already, follow the link below, sign up , and select our Group as the Community Group you want to support.
- If you already have a loyalty card and have registered on the website, just log in and select our Group.
- Share this email with local family and friends and encourage them to do the same.
Will it cost me anything ?
No, this donation is funded by the Coop. Any discounts you receive for being a member are not affected.
If you have any questions, please let me know. Please, please, share this with as many people as you can in the area so we can raise as much money as possible for the Group. All funds will go towards extra tents and cooking equipment for future camps.
22nd April 2018
Gelliswick Bay, Hakin, SA73 3RS
ST GEORGES DAY INFORMATION PACK WITH PERMISSIONS FORMS
Activities Planned for the Day-:
Kayaking Pat Ponies Fire Lighting Blind Trail
Canoeing Grass Sledging Pioneering
Sailing Archery Shelter Building
Raft Building Rifles Paracord Making
Coricles Crossbows Axe Throwing
Fun Swimming Gala / Swimming Badge
We have arranged for a Fun Swimming Day at Pembroke Leisure Centre on Saturday 17th March 2pm-4:15pm. Sorry for the short notice ! Parent Helpers needed. Please ensure you’ve submitted a signed permission form before leaving your child on Saturday.
Happy New Year Everyone! Just a quick note to remind you that the first meeting of 2018 for ALL sections will be Wednesday 17th Jan (the leaders will be holding a planning meeting on the 10th). Subs of £25 will be due on the 17th, and all those with direct debits set up will have the debit initiated on the 17th.
I hope you all had a good summer and are looking forward to the kids getting back to school (and Scouts) this week. Pat (Akela) asked me to send you a few bits of information before we start :-
- A huge belated ‘Thank You’ to all leaders, parents, family, Beavers, Cubs and Scouts who helped with the Show in August. All expenses etc are in and we made a total profit on the day of £1,518.62 which, in view of the weather and change of site, I think this is a fantastic amount and would like to sincerely thank everyone who supported the Group on the day by making sandwiches, providing cakes and helping with tents. This will be put to good use in the coming months.
- Unfortunately we have to postpone the proposed Group Camp at Lamphey Palace on weekend of 15 – 17th September. Although we contacted CADW in May and on many occasions during the following months I received a reply towards the end of August requesting a further Application Form be completed – this was returned immediately and then last week I was told I needed to complete Risk Assessments, planned programme information etc – all this had to be submitted then discussed and if agreed only then would we know if we could go ahead. It also appears CADW are reconsidering letting certain sites, including Lamphey Palace, out for private events. The Leaders will be holding a Planning Meeting and a date with be set for Spring 2018 as we are keen to hold a Group Camp.
- Our first meeting will be on Wednesday 6th September at the Village Hall – normal times. We have waiting lists for all sections so if your child is not coming back please let us know asap so we can offer their place to someone else.
- We will let parents have dates and programme details following our Leaders / Exec Meeting to be held shortly. Cubs: There is a Sixers & Seconders Day at Pembroke Youth Club on Saturday 8th October – further details shortly.
Please also take a few minutes to log in to My.Scout and check all contact details are up to date. If you have any problems with logging in to My.Scout, or any issues with setting up direct debits or paying online please let me know.
Wednesday 7th June – Crabbing cancelled due to bad weather. Please meet at the Hall at normal meeting times.
We will be planting some trees to replace those lost in storms in the hope that they will be there for the next 100 years of Cub Scouting!
Meet in Castle Dock Woods, Stackpole at 10am (pick up at 3pm). Group Neckerchief, wellies or walking boots, warm and waterproof outer clothing to be worn. Bring a packed lunch and drinks. Activity form (available to download below) can be printed and filled out beforehand. Map of Castle Dock Car Park is available below for download.
Castle Dock Car Park Map
Please remember that the bus for Cardiff will be departing from the Scout Hall in Lamphey at 8am promptly so please aim to arrive a little before 8am. Expected return time is 8pm but Pat will contact parents if this changes significantly.
As we can’t have the Hall this Wednesday the Cubs are going to meet at Freshwater East at 6pm and work on Communicators Badge (torches are a MUST). We will finish b y 7.15
We have been asked to join with the Pembroke Town Walls Trust to help raise funds to maintain and restore Pembroke’s historic medieval Town Walls by joining the sponsored ‘Link Hands Around The Walls’ even at midday on Saturday 19th November. Sponsor form is attached. Please sign up for the event in My.Scout and print out and use the sponsor form below. Please meet at 11:30am in the Commons Car Park.